Explainer Video Questionnaire
Organization / Company:
1. Please describe your target customer in demographic terms (age, race, gender, occupation, profession, income, marital status, education, location, interests, etc.) and in terms of what motivates them, what are their main points or the barriers they might face that could lead them to need your service or product.
2. How can your brand make their lives better? How do you address the main points and barriers you previously mentioned, considering the other companies or options available to them?
3. What sets you apart from your competitors?
4. What is the main point you want viewers to remember two weeks from now, long after they've visited your site?
5. What two or three ideas most definitely must be included?
6. Do you have a slogan that you want to emphasize in the script? If so, please tell us here.
7. What is the purpose of the video?
8. What do you want the video to achieve?
Inform the Public
Train / Educate Staff or Volunteers
Increase Brand Awareness
Launch a New Product or Service
Lead-Generation / Attract New Customers
9. What do you want/expect the audience to do after watching the video? (call-to-action)
Fill out a form
Subscribe to a newsletter
Pick up the phone to call
Go to a landing (web) page
Add video to social networking sites
Purchase a product (click-to-buy button)
Perform a task (i.e.: donate, attend or participate, visit your business, take a position, etc.)
10. Where do you plan to host the video? (Select all that apply)
Social Networking sites (YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc.)
Launch a New Tradeshows
11. Will the video be:
Part of a larger presentation
Part of a video series
12. Will there be any accompanying literature, brochures, or white papers posted with the video?
Yes (please enumerate)
13. Provide a description of content and any key messages which you want the video to get across
14. Without using any words, what 10 images would describe your video’s story?
15. How long do you want the video to be?
30 seconds (commercial)
60 seconds (commercial)
16. What style and format do you want the video to have?
Documentary-Informative program with a voiceover narration accompanying the visuals
Lecture-Visuals, usually with narration or presenter
TV Magazine-Presenter provides information in different sections, in a lively and informal style
News-Presenter provides information on different topics in a formal style
Drama or Role-Play Reconstruction-A story (fact or fiction) produced using actors to play the characters. Reconstruction may also have a supporting narration.
Product trailer/elevator pitch-Short 1-2 minute video
Motion Graphics-Narration voiceover with animations, images, and text Animation / Cartoon
Corporate Officer / Executive presentation
A straightforward, professional description of who you are and what your business does.
An informal, conversational, and casual presentation, as if you’re talking to a friend.
A presentation that tells a story from one person’s point of view. For example, “Meet Matt. He needs help finding his next apartment…”
A funny or quirky presentation.
17. Describe the overall “tone” of the video:
18. What production elements are required?
Corporate officer (CEO, VP, Director)
Talent (for role plays, reconstructions, professional presenters, etc.)
Customers for testimonials
Graphics (charts, diagrams, bullet-points, etc.)
Key photos / 2D and 3D images
19. Technical specifications that you want for the video:
20. How many locations will we need to cover in shooting footage and/or photos? List / Explain:
21. Is there a sample video online similar to what you want to create?
Yes (please paste the link here)
22. What is the development timeline?
When can the planning and scripting process start?
What is the deadline date for the finished video product?
23. What is your budget range?
24. Any additional notes, comments, instructions, recommendations, or anything else worth mentioning that we have not asked?
Please wait while Submitting Form...